Hey, it’s me again, Miri!
For a long time you didnt hear anything from me. Why is that? I am busy! This is what I do at the moment – a brief description, since it’s still a bit of processing and experimenting.
- my latest discovery is movie making with Adobe Premiere Pro. I learnt this when I was a child, and also had some courses during university, but dude – it’s some time ago and you know what happens to skills you don’t train. You do not actually improve in this field. Your brain rewires and you actually forget about the field you used to be good in. So now I kind of start back at zero but hey, it’s fun, that’s the most important part.(Watch this on YouTube and Subscribe to my Channel, there will be more videos in the future, also videos with me! When scrolling further down and reading about my projects, you will have a rough idea on what these videos could be about).
Take a look:
feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below <3
- Mandala drawing: many people sent me videos of art produced with a drawing tablet and in a computer program – e.g. sketch book pro or paintstorm, with which you can actually mirror and duplicate the pencil you are drawing with. Means, you do not have to repeat every move and copy paste the form yourself. The program does it for you. It speeds up the whole process intensly. Well, I am not sure at the moment if this is my favourite way of drawing mandalas. Sure, it’s a lot of fun, looks cool, but hey – guys lets be honest – is it no the repetitive movements you make when drawing a Mandala that makes it a unique experience. You train your patience and hypnotize yourself. It’s not really about being as accurate or quick as possible.
- Of course I continue with my Digital Mandala Series, currently hitting the 80 pieces mark – after 6 months of a good process and learning. The universe sent me more and more beautiful ideas, I improved on many levels – choosing the right picture to work with, learning about quality issues, and I printed my first pieces on canvas, had two exhibitions in summer this year, and sold my art. It feels great, and I will definitely continue on this project.
- Drawing skills – of course I continue to draw the traditional way. It is really the closest experience to the act of creating something when you do it with bare hands, no tools in between – no cutting program, photo editing, or other. My sister is here to visit at the moment, we are living in the same place. So whenever we find the time, we draw together. At the moment just for fun, but who knows what I can make of this one day when our mandala collection grows big enough.
- Wall Mandalas! Wow, one of my favourite things to do. Unfortunately, there are not so many free walls for me to be found. Well, to be honest – I see walls everywhere and imagine Mandalas to be on them. Guess this will just take some more time to be everyday life for me. Some days ago I put this wonderful design on a wall in the center of he city – Münster streets in Germany – so whenever you visit my home town, make sure to grab a coffee in the fyal cafe and check out my art! Cooperation with Dirk here, words: ‚dirty‘
Thanks for reading guys, stay creative, express yourself, share your ideas and inspire other people to do the same. Spread love! Color the world! We need more of those things words can’t describe. Less blabla, more WOW!